Wellness is the state of being in good health, especially as an actively pursued goal.
This journey is a personal one. I was unwell for a very long time. I had to stop following my dreams for the future. I could no longer be a happy snapping photographer. I would cry at the weddings and mist up all my equipment!
I became well not only because I willed it but because I pulled myself out of the past and started living in the now. I started a bookclub support group as I wanted to help people like me, yet not announce to the world that I needed support. Sometimes we just need to make a few changes and create new and better goals.
Routine is huge - when we do something enough times it becomes a ritual. Our emotions, tides and cycles are effected by exposure to light. I have been using light therapy for the last 12 months. I have tied it in with my morning and evening meditation.
Here's my ritual for Tuesday:
- 6.30 - alarm = chakra frequency Sacral turn on UV light
- 6.40 - prepare Ginseng Tea / smoothie / OJ / washing on
- 7:00 - back to bed, read, research the day
- 7:20 - use rebounder to 5min song - dance!
- 7:30 - pull on tights and head for a run - with great tunes
- 8:00 - shower, singing / chant time
- 8.15 - dress, clothing (orange), use YlangYlang, jewellery Carnelian
- 8:30 - mantra 1min repeat - eg "I let go of past pain, now I am light"
- 8:45 - head out the door
- 9:00 - arrive at 1st meeting
- throughout the day I am mindful of all that is orange, I work creatively and I am aware of my pelvic floor
- 5:00 - change into yoga gear, take mat to lovely grassy spot and watch my fav YouTube channel.
- Cow Face,
- One-Legged King Pigeon,
- Revolved Triangle,
- Full Boat,
- Half Frog
- 6:00 - Meditate for at least 10 mins. Light a flame meditation candle as the sun goes down and release all the rubbish from the day visually into the flame (or burn some pages from a burn it book - only if your outside)
This is a guide only - life happens. There is always a bit of time after work to be good to yourself!
PS Tues night = movie night